Please feel free to email me at [email protected]
I am most easily reached by email.
You can see my work at the following gallery:
River’s End Gallery in Wisconsin (at both the Waukesha and Elm Grove locations)
My post college years were spent raising my family and attending to the necessities of everyday life. I kept a hand in the art world while working as the studio manager of an advertising photography studio, and at a Milwaukee art gallery as the controller. Now that my family is grown, I spend my days in the studio creating mosaics.
My work erupts out of life’s involvements and everyday experience. Music, landscapes, and forgotten objects inspire me. Living in a climate that is dreary and gray for much of the year inspires a craving for large sweeps of brilliant color in my work. The bright shades of the short Wisconsin summer provide ample inspiration as do the softer, more subtle, purples, grays, salmons, and blues of winter.
I enjoy adapting those things in life which might be taken for granted and bring them to the forefront to be relished and enjoyed in their new form. In my latest work, I have taken vistas and experiences from a driving adventure and processed them into new scenes and backgrounds.
My artistic influences include the warmth and solitude of Andrew Wyeth, the poetry of Robert Frost and Theodore Roethke, the cubist tendencies of Juan Gris, the theories and commentary conveyed by Ayn Rand and Charles Krauthammer, and the camaraderie of a group of mosaic artists on the Internet and within the local Art Guild.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1984 from the Peck School of the Arts, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee.
- Second Time Around – the Hubcap as Art. International Exhibition featuring reclaimed hubcaps transformed into art. Museum of the Shenandoh Valley. September 2014-March 2015
- Waukesha Guitartown public art project. Playable sized and 10 foot mosaic guitar gracing Main Street in downtown Waukesha, WI, both 2012 and 2013
- “Texture” Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC. November/December 2012
- “Frugal and Fabulous” International Curated Exhibition, Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC. December 2011 – January 2012
- “Delish” (juried) Food Related Grand Re-Opening Exhibition, Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC, October, 2011
- “X-scape” the Art of Landscape (juried) Maplestone Gallery, Creemore, Ontario, Canada, July-August, 2011
- “Abstraction” (juried) Maplestone Gallery, Creemore, Ontario, Canada, May-June, 2011
- “Art in Action” President’s Choice Award, AGMF exhibition, 2011
- “Contemporary Mosaic Art 2010,” (juried) Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC, September – October , 2010. Featuring the best work in contemporary mosaics across the globe.
- “Smaller is. . . “ (juried) Maplestone Gallery, Creemore, Ontario, Canada, 2010
- “Curves” (juried) Maplestone Gallery, Creemore, Ontario, Canada, 2010
- “Flights of Fancy” (juried) Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC, 2010
- “Inspired by Words” President’s Choice Award, AGMF exhibition, 2010
- “Art in Action” Honorable Mention 3D category, AGMF exhibition, 2010
- “Art in Action” People’s Choice Award, AGMF exhibition, 2009
- “Inspired by Words” Poet’s Choice Award, AGMF exhibition, 2009
Menomonee Falls Now – newspaper article
30West Magazine – article about Guitartown Waukesha